5 technology trends to look for in 2017
Released on May 19, 2017: Technology in our daily lives: Technology has been an integral part of our daily lives and we can’t deny how much we are dependent on it. From waking up in the morning to an alarm clock, having a hearty meal with toast and omelettes made with a toaster and a microwave oven, booking a cab to work through a mobile app, reaching office at the top floor of the multi-storied building in a lift, each and everything we do, there is a bit of technology involved. Without technology, we can’t imagine anything. It has made our lives so simpler and with each passing day, there is something new to offer on the technology front. With smart phones and hi-speed internet accessible to almost everyone, it is easier to stay connected to the rest of the world with a few simple clicks. In the past few years, we have seen some technology trends that improved our lives to a great extent. Here’s a look at what the year 2017 has in hold for us in the field of technology.
Few common trends in the technology field:
- Big Data & IoT: Big data is a concept that deals with a massive amount of data. Companies handling a huge amount of customer data use this technology for a better management and safe handling of their valuable data and customers. On the other hand, Internet of Things, simply termed as IoT, is all about the interconnectivity between different electronic devices for a better communication and connectivity. Though both these concepts are there in the market from last few years but this year we can expect some more advancements and practical implementation of these two technologies in our daily lives.
- AR & VR: Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality(VR) are two concepts that drew a lot of attention in the year 2016. According to Wikipedia, “Augmented reality(AR) is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements areaugmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data.” Last year the Pokemon Go game was launched based on this technology that became hugely popular across the world with more than 100 million downloads. This year we would expect more implementations of these two technologies apart from apps and games. A new virtual world is in the happening that would conquer everything around us. There will be ample opportunities for marketing too with the use of these technologies.
- Automation: Automation is truly going to replace human-exclusive tasks this year and in the coming few years it would replace humans in most of the white-collared jobs hence increasing the numbers of jobless people around the world.
- On-demand services: Thanks to Uber and several other on-demand service provider apps, everything is accessible and within our reach these days. Whether it’s a cab, groceries, medicines, food items or any other service that you wish to avail, there are apps for each and every need. In this year, the competition will increase and some of the providers will succumb to the high demand and competition while others will rise and make a profit.
- Machine Learning: Machine learning has taken a few strides in the last few years and more is expected to come this year. Some real life applications of machine learning include text to speech, language translation, market segmentation, recommendation for similar choices based on previous search or purchase etc. It has a vast scope in today’s digitised world and various industries can benefit with this technology in coming days.
The Cause of Concern: These are some of the many technologies that are common and hugely popular in the digital space. More innovations are likely to make their way in the coming years and our dependency on these technologies is going to increase with each passing day. Uses and applications of these technologies are making our lives simpler undoubtedly but there are some causes of concern when it comes to technology-driven lifestyle and its impact on human lives. Unemployment is the biggest concern that may come up in the near future with technologies and machines replacing humans in almost every field.