BR1M 2018for Beneficiaries and New Applicants
If you are an existing BR1M recipient, means you are confirmed or received BR1M before, then no need to apply or register again for BR1M 2018. But it is a must to update your personal details including family members’ information, bank account details, address, and any other relevant information.
Already a Beneficiary of BR1M?
The financial assistance an individual or a family gets depends on their current record of information.
Recommendation for BR1M 2018
- Previous BR1M recipients with no bank account and New BR1M applicants are suggested to open a bank account. This is to ensure that all BR1M recipients will get their money directly to their bank accounts and they no longer have to leverage for the financial assistance.
- Ensure that the information submitted by the applicants is correct. The correction will not be possible at a later Wrong information may lead to postponement or cancellation of application. This again leads delay or no financial aid.
- Existing BR1M recipients need not register again but need to update personal information including address, family members information and bank account.
New applicants can register online or offline by filling out the application form manually.
- Must be a Malaysian citizen, living in Malaysia.
- Male or Female family heads with household monthly income less than RM4,000.
- Senior Citizens (60 years old and above) with gross monthly income less than RM4,000
- Individuals of 21 years old or above with gross monthly income less than RM2,000
- Excludes students with Student Debit Card
Financial Aid for Different Categories
- If monthly income is below RM 1000, the total financial aid of RM 1200 will be given in three installments – RM 400 in February, RM 400 in June, RM 400 in August.
- If monthly income is below RM 3000, the total financial aid of RM 1200 will be given in three installments – RM 400 in February, RM 400 in June, RM 400 in August.
- If monthly income is between RM 3000 to RM 4000, the total financial aid of RM 900 will be given in three installments – RM 300 in February, RM 300 in June, RM 300 in August.
- If Individual Single monthly Income under RM 2000, the total financial assistance of RM450 will be provided in the month of February.
Applicants have to submit documents like Birth Certificate,Passport, Passport of a spouse, Identity cards like My Kad, Certificate of divorce etc., and documents relevant to their category (income group).
The new online BR1M application will be open in the month of December. Eligible applicants will get financial aid which they can spend for domestic needs. This will indirectly uplift Malaysian economy.