We all know that carrying a life inside you, being pregnant is never easy. All those mundane cravings, mood swings, backaches and morning sickness can be a handful to deal with. At this time you need all the love, care and support you can get. Also you need your strength and proper sleep. Finding a good sleeping position which is comfortable for you and safe for the little one growing in your womb is very crucial. Pregnancy pillows provide you with a comfortable sleeping position and ensure that you are well rested to endure the pregnancy problems.
Types of pregnancy pillows :
Pregnancy pillows are specially designed to give the mother-to-be the best comfort and support. They are large in size and are generally
- Wedge shaped
- Bean shaped
Benefits of pregnancy pillows :
- They provide support to your baby bump, back, neck, legs and shoulders.
- Reduces stress and pain.
- Increases blood circulation
- Helps you to remain calm
- Lowers the rate of your heartbeat
- Relaxes your muscles
- Helps with the problem of water retention in pregnant women
- Can be used post delivery too
Choose a pregnancy pillow for yourself :
With a variety of options available in the market it can be really confusing to choose the right pillow for you. You would like to buy the one which suits your needs. Before buying a pregnancy pillow you should keep in mind certain points :
- What is your usual sleeping position? Are you a side sleeper, stomach sleeper, or back sleeper.
- Are you carrying twins? Twin carrying mothers usually prefer larger pillows
- What is your body size? Are you small or plus sized?
- Do you want more comfort or more support? Usually firm pillows can be a bit difficult to adjust to but provide good support.